Membership in the MGHCA is obtained by registering with the MSHSCA through their registration link which is provided below. This is the only method for becoming a member of the girls hockey coaches association. This is a change from past years. This change gives all coaches who become members to receive year round liability insurance coverage that includes working camps and clinics during the off-season.
Coaches must join the MSHSCA to be eligible for post-season recognition (i.e. Head or Assistant Section and State coach of the year).
1. Executive Director available to work for you on a daily basis.
2. Dues include a $2,000,000 Liability Insurance while coaching and in the classroom.
3. Membership card is good for admission at many high schools and colleges in Minnesota.
4. Teams are eligible to earn Academic Team and Individual honors.
5. Provide scholarships for Minnesota High School students.
6. NOCAD membership creates revenue marketing that is helpful for the promotion of programs that benefit coaches and their athletes.
7. Four issues of The Minnesota Prep Coach, the MSHSCA newsletter which contains information about and for coaches and their association’s activities.
8. Provides potential for clinics for any sport association that wishes assistance.
9. Up to date clinic schedules and educational opportunities on our website.
10. Opportunity to be recognized as a Minnesota Coach of the Year.
11. Opportunity to be recognized as a Minnesota Assistant Coach of the Year.
12. Delegate representation that allows coaches to remain fully updated on issues.
13. Close working relationship with all affiliated sport associations.
14. Provides active representation and support on the MSHSL Board of Directors.
15. Recognition for state team championships.
16. Opportunity for 25 Year Club and Life Membership of the MSHSCA.
17. Opportunity to be nominated and selected to the MSHSCA Hall of Fame.
18. United support for each other’s programs.
19. Mass membership email capability.